1. ENTREE: PUMPKIN AND CHICKEN THAI BASIL CURRY. Side: Brown Rice with Green Peas
Pumpkins are full of potassium and good sodium, and are low in carbs. They are alkaline and a good source of vitamins B and C.
2. ENTREE: SUNDAY ROAST BEEF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY. Side: Mashed Yams with Orange
In Chinese Medicine, beef strengthens the spleen-pancreas and stomach, builds the blood,strengthens the sinews and bones, and increases energy. As with all meats, make sure they are free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and antibiotic-laden foods or they become harmful when eaten.
3. ENTREE: HOMEMADE CIDER BRAISED CHICKEN OR SHRIMP. Side: Roasted Cabbage with Sea Salt
Chicken acts as an energy tonic, and strengthens the condition of the bone marrow. As with all meats, make sure they are free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics and antibiotic-laden foods or they become harmful when eaten
4. ENTREE: HEALTHY SKILLET CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS WITH KALE. Side: Roasted Carrots with Dill
Kale is considered a much needed “bitter” vegetable. It’s very high in calcium, vitamin A, and iron. It is good for building up calcium in the body and builds strong teeth. It is also beneficial to the digestive and nervous system and extremely alkalizing.
5. ENTREE: LIGHT SPINACH AND EGGPLANT LASAGNA-with or without noodles. Side: Simple Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins C and A, and iron, and contains about 40% potassium. It is alkalizing and good for the lymphatic, urinary and digestive systems. It is wonderful in weight loss diets.
6. ENTREE: LOCAL SAUSAGES IN GARDEN TOMATO SAUCE WITH OLIVES AND ARTICHOKES. Side: Sauteed Spinach and Garlic
Pork is used to treat those with thin, dry, nervous, and weak constitutions in Chinese Medicine. It is also used for dry cough and constipation. As with all meats, make sure they are free of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, and antibiotic-laden foods or they become harmful when eaten.